Sunday, October 20, 2013

Atkins Gets a Bad Rap.



When someone mentions the Atkins diet, most people immediately think of meat, eggs, cheese....and lots of it. 

While its true that you can eat a lot of protein and fat on the Atkins diet, that's not what it's all about. The diet actually features 4 phases, 3 of which hardly ever get recognition. Most people think of the most restrictive "induction" phase as the entire diet, when in fact it only last two weeks before it is recommended to move on and begin slowly adding back in carbohydrates.

I admit I'm guilty of only partaking in the Induction phase of the Atkins diet, multiple times, in multiple attempts to lose weight, which have all began with incredibly fast weight loss, but ended in me saying "screw it" and diving head first into a vat of cookies n cream ice cream (or garlic bread....or fettuccine.....or pizza).

Welp, i'm trying it again. And this time I want to really give it a sincere effort. Even past the Induction phase. Low-carb eating is (in my opinion) the best way to get a real handle on sugar and carb addiction and manage blood sugar to prevent diabetes.

Wish me luck! I'll be documenting my journey here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment